The Cerro Verde volcano park offers a wonderful area for the avid birder.
This is one of two volcanos in El Salvador that one can reach in any vehicle being able to drive to the main parking lot which is only a few hundred feet from the rim of the extint crater.
Gringo Tours works with several local park guides and birding most days is wonderful even with the many visitors to the park.
The Emerald Tucanet, Blue and white Mockingbird, Green-throated Mountain Gem, Ivory-billled Woodcreeper and Cinimon-bellied Flowerpiercer are just a few of the species common in the park.
More details comming soon
Included in this tour:
• Transportation in vehicle with A/C
• Bottled water(1-2 bottles/person)
• All Entrance fees
• Local guide fees
• Bilingual guide
• Coffee, Tea, Pastries, Snacks
Tour Duration of Tour including transportation: 7-12 hours
Difficulty level of Tour: Moderate
• Snacks and Meals
• Optional Tips to local guides
• Cost of optional activities including: Mountain bike, Jet ski, Buggy, Zip line/Canopy, Kayak, Rafting or other activities not mentioned in tour description