Tours to La Palma, El Pital, Miramundo or Las Pilas
For those wanting to explore the highest parts of El Salvador a different option includes heading up to the highlands of Chalatenango. Just getting to the area is an adventure with the 11 kms drive up the concrete road from San Ignacio to Rio Chiquito.
Highland tour options
Once in the highlands we offer two different options which can include
1) El Pital another 4kms in a 4×4 vehicle on a gravel road and then a hike to the Peña Rajada, a large split boulder sunk in the side of the mountain and the up to the boarder marker between El Salvador and Honduras. This also marks the highest point in El Salvador at some 2730 meters above sea level. On cooler/cold days a Salvadorean hot chocolate make for a warming experience.
2) Another common option is to visit the nurseries in La Pilas where things like strawberries, cabbage and calla lilies are produced with abundant spring water and the cooler climates the area provides
Both options provide a day of fresh air, cooler temperature and if lucky (a clear day), a spectacular view of El Salvador and parts of Honduras and Guatemala.
For either option we would lunch in Miramundo which has wonderful views of the vast majority of El Salvador.
Once back down the hill we would finish up the day with a visit to the Semillas de Dios Cooperative to see their workshops and retail store and have some time to visit the park and other handicraft shops in La Palma before driving back to San Salvador or Suchitoto.
Tour El Pital starting and ending in Suchitoto
Included in this tour:
• Transportation in vehicle with A/C
• Bottled water(1-2 bottles/person)
• All Entrance fees
• Local guide fees
• Bilingual guide
Tour Duration of Tour including transportation:
Difficulty level of Tour:
• Snacks and Meals
• Optional Tips to local guides
• Cost of optional activities including: Mountain bike, Jet ski, Buggy, Zip line/Canopy, Kayak, Rafting or other activities not mentioned in tour description